Sophie was born in London in 1985. She lives and works between Spain and the Uk.
SELECTED SHOWS & PROJECTS:
- Rakes Progress, 2017-2018. Group Show with Rakes Progress, London.
- A Home for All, 2017. Group installation with The New Craftsmen and Selfridges.
- Landscape (London, Autumn), 2017. Solo show at May Project.
- Edible Utopia, 2015- onging. Participatory art project embedding a farm along with workshops and feasting into Somerset House and Kings College.
- Soil Culture Residency, 2015-2017. Working with the CCANW (Centre for Contemporary Art and the Natural World) designing and building an edible roof garden on a primary school.
- Etchings, 2016. Group show, Brocket Gallery.
- Construct the Future, 2016. Group show, Hoxton Gallery.
- Young Shoots, 2015-2016. Group Show, touring Hauser & Wirth, The Eden Project and Kew Gardens among others.
- A Portable Landscape, Cadiz, 2016. Fabelist project.
- Group Show, 2016. Brocket Gallery.
- Entropic Growth, Art, City, Landscape, 2015, Permanent installation on Les Hortillionagges, La Maison de la Culture, Amiens.
- Hoarding, 2015. Dig Collective at Peer Gallery.
- Weeds, 2015. Solo show at Brocket Gallery.
- Hole Story, 2014. Dig Collective dug a hole in a garden sited for demolition and produced an inverted platform for writers, artists and musicians to produce and show work.
- Masters Show, 2013. City & Guilds of London Art School
AWARDS, TALKS & PUBLICATIONS:
- Herbal Remedies, Spring Edition of Landscape Magazine, 2017.
- Future Spaces Talk, Tate Modern, 2016. On behalf of DIG Collective.
- Soil Talks, Arnolfini Gallery, 2015.
- Art Quest Workweek Prize, 2014. With DIG Collective.
- Plants, People and Cities, STIR magazine, Issue 8, 2014.
- Dark Mountain Project, Book 4, 2014.
- Diploma, Garden Design, Chelsea Physic Garden, 2017.
- Award, Social and Horticultural Therapy, Thrive, 2015.
- MA City and Guilds of London Art School, 2012-13.
- BA equivalent, Fine Art, Charles Cecil Atelier, 2003-6.